Your local university
Almost 3,000 students are studying with us in the Republic of Ireland, to develop new skills or boost their careers. And since we were founded in 1969, almost 30,000 Irish students have studied with us.
Here are some of the reasons why we think Irish students choose to study with us rather than any other university:
- Flexibility: We’re experts in providing high-quality, flexible education that can fit around your busy life. Eighty per cent of our Irish students complete their studies while working at the same time.
- Expertise: We’re renowned for our high-quality higher education, and 86% of FTSE 100 companies trust us to educate their staff. Our qualifications are aligned with the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Accessibility: We have ten study centres nationwide and an office in Dublin, so you can have face-to-face tutorials, meet fellow students, and receive advice and support from local advisers.
- Affordability: Our studies cost less than you might think, with all course materials included. Tax relief is available for our studies in Ireland, and you might be able to receive funding too.
- Relevance: Our qualifications are ideal for meeting the needs of the Irish economy, especially if you’re considering ‘upskilling’ or retraining for a new career. Currently, 50% of our undergraduates in Ireland are registering for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) subjects.
- Local links: The Open University works with leading employers in the Republic of Ireland, including Houses of the Oireachtas, Aer Lingus, An Post, Eircom, Hewlett Packard, Kerry Group, Medtronic and Pfizer.