Degrees and courses for international students
You are viewing information for England.  Change country or region.

International students and fees

25 April 2018

As a current or prospective international student you may have some questions about the potential implications of the UK's decision to leave the EU.

For your assurance, we've compiled this section of frequently asked questions, along with our responses.
  • I'm an international student. Can I still study with you?
A resounding yes. It's simple and straightforward to register for our courses. Browse our courses and subjects. Then choose the qualification you want (we offer certificates, diplomas and degrees at both undergraduate and postgraduate level) and proceed from there.
  • Will my tuition fees be affected?
Our fees usually increase annually, at a modest rate, in line with inflation and the University's strategic approach to fees. We expect this situation to stay the same.   

The longer term situation after the UK has left the EU will depend on the outcome of government negotiations, but we remain committed to providing a high-quality UK education that represents outstanding value for money.
  • Will my Open University qualification continue to be recognised in my country?
Our qualifications are recognised through the Bologna process, which extends beyond the European Union.
While we can't know in advance of the negotiations how qualifications will be recognised in different jurisdictions, Universities UK expect the Government to keep existing recognitions – and we  will certainly be lobbying for this.
  • What is your long-term position towards international students?
 We remain committed to offering a highly-regarded UK qualification to anyone who wants to learn, wherever you live in the world.

As well as checking this page regularly for updates, do please visit the Universities UK website for updates. Universities UK is the representative organisation for the UK's universities, including The Open University.