We love how diverse and multi-national our culture is, especially the benefits this brings to individual academic diversity and our research community. The OU welcomes international students looking to undertake a research degree in the UK.
The OU is licensed as a Tier 4 sponsor under the points-based immigration system. This means we can register students outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Support for overseas students
Coming to the UK to start a degree programme is an exciting opportunity. We’ll help you settle into your new life, both in Milton Keynes and at The OU. Whether you need information, advice, or support, you’ll get:
- advice on finding accommodation in the UK
- assistance in opening a UK bank account
- general advice for living in the UK
- a dedicated induction session for first-year overseas students
- on acceptance of an offer to study with us, we can issue a confirmation of acceptance (CAS) for study.
If you need additional information on any of the support we can offer you, get in contact with our Graduate School Team.
UK visa requirements
Details of the requirements for entry to the UK as a postgraduate research student are on the Gov.uk general student visa website.